Council on Academic Freedom and Responsibility
Detailed information on the Council on Academic Freedom and Responsibility, including its charge, can be found in the Organization of the Faculty of Dartmouth College.
Council on Benefits
The Council on Benefits reviews, with the President, policies and decision-making processes that bear on the benefits program at Dartmouth College. It also reviews and evaluates the College's employee benefits program and makes recommendations to the President with regard to the modification of existing employee benefit plans and the design of any new benefit programs. Read more.
Council on Honorary Degrees
The Council on Honorary Degrees confers with the President and Trustees on the nominations and awarding of honorary degrees during Commencement. The Council on Honorary Degrees consists of three members of the Faculty of Arts and Sciences (one from each division) appointed by the Committee on Organization and Policy, and one member from each of the three Professional School faculties. (See current members.) In addition, the Senior Class President is invited to participate in the discussion of the nominees and is advisory-only to the Council. For more information on Honorary Degrees, including the nominating process, visit our Honorary Degree page.
President's Diversity Council
The President's Diversity Council assists the President, Provost and Vice President of Institutional Diversity & Equity in addressing concerns that impact inclusivity for all members of the Dartmouth community, including but not limited to, campus climate and the diversity of the student body, faculty and staff. Members of the President's Diversity Council include:
- Denise M. Garn, Director of Compensation
- Hannah Silverstein, Senior Writer, Office of Communications
- Holly Wilkinson, Assistant Dean for Academic and Student Affairs, Thayer School of Engineering
- Jane B. Seibel, Assistant Dean of Recruiting, Diversity and Communications, Guarini School of Graduate and Advanced Studies
- Jon K. Plodzik, Director of Dartmouth Dining
- Julie E. Findley, Chief Operating Officer, Campus Services
- Keiselim A. Montas, Director, Department of Safety and Security
- Kenneth Amaya, PhD Student
- Robyn L. Harris, Program Coordinator, Institutional Diversity and Equity
- Sharon E. Bickel, Associate Professor of Biological Science
- Keriann Ketcham, Senior Immigration Advisor to International Students & Scholars
- Antonio Ferrantino, Director, Institutional Diversity and Equity
- Lisa G. Caldeira, Assistant Director of Communities